Friday, August 31, 2012

Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon Sign Ups!

fairytale-a-thon

Hey, look at that! We have a button! I know it isn’t perfect, but it’s a heck-of-a-lot better than it’s predecessors! But even more importantly, you can now sign up!

The Read-a-Thon will start at 12:01AM on October 17th and end at 11:59PM on October 22nd. The goal of this Read-a-Thon is to read as many fairy tale themed books as possible. Whether you’ve got some recent releases that you’re dying to read (Cinder, Enchanted, Tiger Lily) or some old classics you want to reread (Goose Girl, Beauty, Ella Enchanted) I’m sure you can find something to read.

And if you can’t think of any fairy tale books off the top of your head, don’t worry—I’ve got you covered! Head on over to my fairy tale shelf on Goodreads, and you’ll find over 150 fairy tale themed books. Not all are retellings, but they include fairy tale themes and have a very fairy tale-ish feel to them, so I think they can count.

And for those of you willing to go the extra mile, please fill out these forms if you’re interested in hosting a mini-challenge or giveaway. We still have plenty of spots open!

And now it’s time for you to sign up using the linky below! (And preferably tell all your friends to sign up, too!) Leave a link to your blog, goodreads, twitter, or wherever you’ll be updating!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I have Cinder in my pile and I was wondering when I'll read it. This will be perfect!

    Vonnie's Reading Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, this sound so funny!!
    I'm in! Thanks so much for doing it!
    Have a nice day,
    Cam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to check my calender to see how busy I will be with school. If I'm not that busy, I'm going to participate. Fairytales are totally up my alley, I love love love them ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in :) I love fairy tale re-tellings, but haven't read one in such a long time, so this is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for hosting this! I'm looking forward to rereading Wicked this October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is probably the worst weekend of the year for me, so I don't think I'll be able to participate after all. :( But I will try to remember to do a post to encourage other people to come over and join!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krysta and I might have a fairytale personality quiz similar to our L.M. Montgomery one, if that counts as a mini-challenge. Plus we have to find it first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited you can join in after all! And I've been looking for a mini-challenge host for the 20th. Email me if you find it and the 20th will work for you!

      Delete
    2. It has been found! We can do it!

      Delete
    3. YAAAAYYYY!!!!!! I can't wait to see it!

      Delete

I love comments, and I promise I read every single one. I do my best to reply to all your meaningful comments, so come back in a couple days to see if I have! And if you see that I've responded to others comments and not yours, it's just because I've been struck dumb by your awesomeness! And if you leave me a link to your blog, I'll try to stop by and comment!

This is an award and tag-free zone! I'm honored, but I don't have the time to pass it along )=

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...